Spring Capsule 2016

May 18, 2016

As promised, I'm back & sharing my spring "closet keepers" with you! I still hope to add 5-8 pieces: like an updated neutral midi skirt, a madewell maxi dress, tops/blouses and shoes. I desperately need more shoes! Unlike a traditional capsule, I won't be swearing off shopping or following any steadfast rules. Rather, it's my hope to create a more mindful wardrobe, identify needs, keep a list, and shop with strategy & take my time. Basically, I'd like to make this as pressure free as possible!


The one thing that definitley didn't work for my previous capsules was only shopping during an "allotted window"... basically the theory is you choose x amount of pieces for each season and then shop for the next season, in the last two weeks of your current capsule. However, that's always felt really stressful and like a whole lot of pressure to find "things" I love in a pinch! With that said, here's how I'm approaching my spring capsule for 2016!

Clean & Purge: I pulled everything out of my closet, tried it on and then made three piles: giveaway, keep, need to hem or update with a "key" item. For this particular capsule, I also didn't pick a number, but rather made a conscious decision to only keep items that felt very me, plus worked for my lifestyle!

Re-imagine: This one was sooo eye opening and fun! I've had skirts I haven't worn in years because I thought they weren't my style anymore. However, once I started to re-imagine my floral midi skirt paired with a designer shell, or gorgeous pump... I quickly realized it was an absolute keeper!

Keep A List: Whether it's a Pinterest board, or a note on your iphone. I highly recommend it! It keeps your closet needs organized, and helps you steer clear of rushed, or last minute shopping.

Shop With Strategy: For me, strategy means versatility. So instead of reaching for "that blouse"... (you know, the one that goes with nothing in your closet?) I'll be focusing on pieces I know will work with my entire capsule!

Less Is More: My motto is... I'd rather have one gorgeous pair of J.Crew heels or flats, rather than five cheap/poorly constructed ones. With that said, I'm excited to forge ahead with a "less is more" attitude and create a closet I love. Wish me luck!

PS - If you'd like to know where a particular item of clothing is from? Let me know in the comments section and I'll be sure to answer! xo

No comments

Post a Comment