Our Coastal Inspired Living Room

Jun 9, 2016

Oh yay, excited to finally be sharing a few peeks into our new home! Martin & I have lived here for a year, and while we definitely have more to do (like wallpapering the second bathroom & painting our master) it's most certainly feeling like home sweet home! Originally, I was certain I wanted to keep everything white. However, in the end it felt too sterile, and so, we've slowly started adding colour & pattern over the last few months. We absolutely love it! It adds warmth, energy and the most perfect coastal vibe!


When it comes to adding colour to your home? My best advice is to keep your furnishings neutral, and inject colour & pattern into your accessories. That way, you're never overly committed, plus you can swap out your pillow covers during the different seasons. My favourite! Currently, our two main accent colours are blue and a touch of red. You can see the blue in our pillows, gallery wall (which also has a hint of red), area rug and tray. I even bought the prettiest blue bowls to carry the colour into our dining room. Hands up, if you're a fellow home geek! xo







No comments

Post a Comment