Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup

Oct 26, 2012

I'm excited to finally be posting my first recipe. Gosh, I blabbed on about it for long enough, right?! When it comes to cooking, I'm a huge fan of simple & healthy + I love eating as much homemade food as possible. I generally try to avoid anything that's processed or comes from a can, and I stick to buying organic too. So... with the cooler (more like freezing!) temperatures in the air, I've been living off of yummy soups, and this one is my absolute favourite...
You'll need:
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 2 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 3 cups of baby carrots
  • 3 sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 3 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
* I used large carrots for mine. If you do the same, be sure to cook them first and for an additional 20 minutes.

Heat oil in a large pot and saute onion + garlic. Add cumin, ginger and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute. Then add carrots, sweet potatoes and vegetable broth (sometimes I'll add 1/4 cup of coconut milk too). Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until your veggies are tender.

Once cooled, transfer to a blender & blend until smooth, then just heat and eat. Add salt & pepper to taste. So delicous!

You can find the original recipe here: low fat cooking. I altered mine with a few of my fave ingredients! :)

19 comments:

  1. Love that you are posting recipes V! I can not wait to try this out sounds delicious! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuuum!!! This sounds SO tasty, I want to try making this, perfect for a chilly weekend :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm I love soups! Thanks for posting!

    Follow me back?

    http://theoccasionalindulgence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious, Veronika! Definitely perfect for the cold weather.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds really tasty! fall always puts me in the mood for lots of soup, so I'm always happy to find some new recipes to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks and sounds really yummy! And I am glad you are going to start sharing recipes, even though your outfits will still be my favorite part of your blog! Love it.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delish! And you could not possibly be anymore adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious, Veronika! Just perfect for making in big batches and and freezing for cold weather days. Thanks for sharing - we'll definitely be trying this one soon. Smooches.
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love soup season. And this a great recipe I will definitely have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum delum! not only are you a huge fashion insp to me but now you've got the chefster thing going too!!! that soup set up is too sweet V, i love the darling plate. my Mom always taught me to lay things out in a pretty way, not just eat off any old thing and then the food will taste better. i can imagine curling up on the sofa and sipping this soup - such a comforting thought!

    happy weekend to you + Martin!!! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, this looks amazing! Totally pinning for future usage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm, I love soup at this time of year. I just made myself a ridiculous ammount of carrot and coriander soup and then froze it. I was planning on keeping it for those days when I want to eat healthy but cannot face leaving the house, unfortunately I think that might happen today, it's just too tempting xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds delicious! I'm bookmarking this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made this for my family last night and it was the perfect fall meal, although maybe not as healthy as it could've been because I kept garnishing my bowl with leftover coconut milk!

    ReplyDelete