Summer's Last Hurrah

Sep 6, 2016

While I have a very autumny post lined up for later this week, today, I'm celebrating summer's last hurrah! Are you guys still enjoying the summer heat, or are the cooler temps slowly making their way? Vancouver has definitely been in full on autumn mode since September 1st -- which is fine by me! I'm excited for pumpkin spice latte's, cozy layers and switching my closet to more seasonal colours... my faves are olive green, rust, burgundy and navy. Also, if you're curious to see what I'm wearing/adding to my closet?! Be sure to stop by my shop page. I've been adding to it almost daily! :)

Other than that, this week's been bitter sweet. My love's back to work after a summer off, sigh! But I'm looking forward to getting more focused time with my blog, reorganizing my office + re-opening my Etsy shop. Yay, yay!! I'm trying to decide between making handmade jewelry again, or designing blog templates. Any votes?! Either way, I'll definitely keep you guys posted!

For my "Summer's Last Hurrah" post I thought my ModCloth dress was the perfect choice! So far this summer, I've worn it with my denim vest & strappy flats, and with an oversized cardigan for cooler nights. I love the mix of navy and orange, plus the oversized blooms add such a fun and energetic vibe! I'd love to re-style it for the new season ahead, but am a little stumped, any ideas? I'm all ears! Happiest (sort of) Monday, friends!! xo

Outfit Details:

ModCloth Dress
Shoes (old) c/o Blowfish Shoes

14 comments:

  1. Oooohhh! I've headed over to your shop page! I love that you've been updating it so much.


    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scale of that print!!
    It's definitely been cooling down over here but tomorrow I'm headed to Florida where it's still very hot, haha!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really a summer gal, as you know, but it felt like the season ended so abruptly this year that I can't hep but be a little sad - I wasn't fully ready to pull out my scarves this weekend, but in the end I didn't really have a choice!! C'est la vie I suppose, I'm definitely excited to start wearing my sweaters again, but I'd love it if we could have some cool weather and sunshine before the rain starts for good. Happy Tuesday V, hope you're staying dry!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is absolutely lovely on you! The colors in the print look so pretty with your hair. I'm so excited for fall weather -- heat makes me so grumpy, and by this point in the summer, I'm browsing online for winter coats and ready to put on boots and scarves again! Looking forward to your autumn-themed post ❤️!

    Emily
    Emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the print on your dress! you look so lovely!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty print on that dress!

    xx Chelsea
    www.organizedmessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish it was fall round these parts, but I'll have to be satisfied with the last of the peaches for now. Lovely print on that dress!

    http://waltzandwillow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress! How about throwing a chunky sweater over it and then belting that sweater? With ankle boots and maybe some kind of beanie?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty dress--so perfect for a "summer's last hurrah" look too. We got a brief cool down (although still in the 80s) but it's back to HOT weather lately so fall still seems so far away! I think that dress would be cute with a cozy gray sweater or cardigan and some ankle booties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! Your location and outfit is going to make me miss summer! :)

    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple & Classy look :)

    Naelle from paris..!
    http://www.once-in-paris.com/en/blog-mode-paris-porter-look-vacances-au-bureau/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this dress is one of my favorite looks I've seen on your blog! It's just so chic and feminine and a little retro! My kind of dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are definitely still having summer heat here; it's been 90 degrees the past couple of days.
    That dress is really cute on you. Love the orange in it.

    ReplyDelete