Almost Autumn

Sep 8, 2016

In all truth, this post should have been called "Autumn Nerd" because it would be much more telling of my current state + level of enthusiasm! Most days you'll find me running out the door wearing a floppy hat, cozy cardigan, huge grin, and making my way to Starbucks for a PSL. There's no denying my love for this season, and this year, I'm determined to check everything off my bucket list!!



I'm also equally ecstatic about this space and making it the best it's ever been! When I re-branded from "By The Shore" back to "Girl & Closet" in May I was ready to go full force but sadly my health started to dwindle. Sigh! While it's currently far from perfect... I have managed to find a nice little groove for myself. For that, I'm so grateful, because this space means the world to me, and is such a huge piece of my heart. So thank you for continually popping in and supporting. Honestly, the blogging community and your friendship is what keeps me motivated, and loving what I do, always!






I'm also scratching my head, because, I can't believe it's Thursday! Thank you long weekend!! For this weekend, we're off to a few fun locations for blog photos. I'm styling a 90's inspired look and can't wait. I'm also trying to decide between bangs, or no bangs for the new season. But for now, I'm mostly humming & hawing, typical me, when it comes to hair. Ha! And then, Martin & I are grabbing dinner and off to enjoy some live music, plus hopefully a cocktail or two. I'll be sure to share on instagram stories! Have a great day everyone!! xo





Outfit Details:

Forever 21 Hat (similar)
Thrifted Top (similar)
American Eagle Skinnies (similar)
Aldo Boots (similar)

12 comments:

  1. Happy Thursday, V! Gosh, where did this week go? The long weekend certainly has a way of messing with our internal schedules, but only in the best way, so wonderful to have that extra day of rest, although I do wish the sun could have stuck around a bit longer - I honestly can't believe just how fall these photos look, and although I love seeing all the leaves and warm colours... I'm just not ready to let go of blue skies quite yet ;)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am an autumn fanatic and am in love with this outfit! Wide-brimmed hat is perfect. I've been having the bangs/no bangs debate myself, but I think I'm leaning toward doing it. No better time for a little change up!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Fall, V! I have been quiet lately, but I'm still keeping up with your blog and sending good vibes your way. Life has been difficult for me too this year, but things are improving and I can't wait for fall either!!! Love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the boots and floppy hat! As much as I love summer, I too am ready for fallπŸ‚πŸπŸŽƒ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this autumn look! And I love your new site design! It is so gorgeous, absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I need a weekend dedicated to blog planning, and preparing posts! ha. Your space is GORGEOUS. Every time i pop on to view your blog, I just love how you made the switch. Did you design your layout + header? Have a wonderful weekend + I'm glad to hear the improvement of your health! :)
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers to crossing off your fall bucket list! You've got this girl. As well as your blog - praying your health holds and things stay balanced for you.
    Love your floppy hat enthusiasm lol I'm trying to get in the spirit of fall, but doggonit I'm still stuck in summer xD

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hunni you look absolutely lovely. Autumn is definitely my favourite season for fashion, you can layer up or down & add a floppy hat & you're good to go. Your long weekend sounds lovely!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day.

    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I'm ready for Autumn too - bring on the sweaters!
    I think you'd look adorable with bangs, it's always fun to change things up for the new season. I always feel like the year begins anew in the fall, it feels like a fresh start.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Alison - http://alisonpate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for autumn! I'm a little sad to say goodbye to summer, but I do love everything that fall brings. I love this pretty fall look (that top! love that print) and I'm looking forward to what's to come now that you're feeling better again! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, the hat and top go perfectly together! I love when that happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These boots fit you perfectly! I have the hardest time finding riding boots -- they're always too big on my calves and my legs look goofy. I'm looking forward to fall as well. There's really nothing better than bundling up a bit and relaxing with a sweet, caffeinated drink! <3!

    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete