Looking Back at 2011 - My Fave Moments!!

Dec 30, 2011

It's so fun to be able to look back through 2011 & reminisce about some of my fave blog/life moments, and share a few new pics with you guys too. Let's take a look back, shall we?! January... ah, the month that I started my blog! Yay!! I was so excited to start (no, really!). I kept blabbing on about "Girl & Closet" and my idea of it. Aw, and here is the first photo I ever posted - goodness, it feels like forever ago.
April was such a wonderful month. I attended my first blogger meet up and met three of the loveliest ladies!! Lynn of "Hearted Girl," Alex of "To Vogue or Bust," and Cee of "Coco & Vera." It was such a fun afternoon, we were all so giddy with excitement and couldn't wait to meet. The best part?! We all felt like such great friends by the end of the afternoon. Funnest day, ever!
Later that month, I also attended Vancouver Fashion Week with a few of my close girlfriends, and had an amazingly memorable time. We viewed the Dawn Sharp collection and Autobiographie from Paris; we drank wine, gabbed fashion, and I can't wait to do it again this spring!! I adore my girlfriends - they are so inspirational to me!
We celebrated my birthday in July, and although we decided on a quiet at-home celebration, we still had such a fun time together!! Martin surprised me with pink champagne, the tastiest fruit flan and (my personal fave!) silly little birthday hats. Haha, I love our cute little birthday portrait! 
Yay, summer! We spent most of ours living on our patio, and afternoons were spent soaking up all of the amazing hot sun. Ah, I also remember spending warm summer nights relaxing by our pool, lounging around watching movies, or visiting with our friends. I adored every minute of it!!
In August, Martin and I went on the sweetest little date ever! We packed a delicious picnic complete with wine, brought a cozy blanket & snuggled, and watched the most breathtaking sunset. I love going on fun little adventures with my hubby, and this was by far one of my favourites from this past summer.
In September, I met up with so many of my favourite Vancouver bloggers for a super fun clothing swap. We had such a fantastic turnout and I love that our group continues to grow so much.
I was over the moon ecstatic when Tieka of Selective Potential contacted me in September, asking if I'd be her "autumn featured blogger" - hehe, I did a little dance & said YES!
Martin & I got into the full swing of fall; we did a super fun pumpkin carving one afternoon and decorated our home with lovely fall things. And I can't wait to go to a pumpkin patch this coming October and find a local apple orchard too - fun!!
I couldn't have been more ecstatic when Lucky magazine added me to their Lucky Style Collective in the month of November. I absolutely adore the magazine, and I can't wait to work on some fabulous collaborations with them in 2012 - yay! 
Later that month, I was super excited to create a little blog nook for myself. It's helped me stay focused & feel really productive. I've added a few more things since, and I hope to share another "blog nook post" with you guys some time in the new year - along with more blogging tips.
December brought so many lovely things my way. One of my absolute favourites was having the opportunity to work with ModCloth and Tieka of Selective Potential, on a super fun collaboration called "Spread The Cheer" - yay!
Lastly, December was made complete by getting to enjoy the holidays with our family & friends... we had such a wonderful Christmas! I've been loving the time off and soaking up every minute of it!!
Thanks so much for reading my yearly wrap-up and I can't wait to see what 2012 brings. I have so many exciting things I'm hoping to do, some of which include: attending New York Fashion Week, opening my online store, and planning lots of wonderful trips with my hubby over the spring & summer months. Thank you for all of your amazing support this year, guys. Wishing everyone a fantastic New Year!! xo veronika

47 comments:

  1. This recap post is so sweet :) my favorite part definitely is the picnic date in August! You guys are seriously too cute :) I am curious abut what 2012 holds for you :) Happy New year Veronika! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I have been reading it for a while and now finally taken the plunge to start my own...Happy new year! I hope 2012 brings you as much success as this year has x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great roundup Veronika! I love all your photos and, as you know, I love your blog as well!

    Here's wishing you all the best in 2012 m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an amazing year for you! Hope 2012 is just as kind (or better):)

    XO,
    Erin
    htt[://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great year! Wish you the best for the years to come.

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I love this!! You are such a doll. Looks like 2012 won't be so bad either :)

    PS - Can my New Years Resolution be, "get hair like Veronika"?!

    Kristina
    Something 2 Write About

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great year it's been for you, sweet girl. here's to many more exciting things in 2012! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww this is a wonderful post! It looks like you have had such a fantastic year! I love the pictures from your sweet date with Martin in August :)

    I look forward to reading all about your adventures in 2012

    Stacie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute post - you've had a great year!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great selection!

    Happy new year!

    http://boglarkastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet post. I love these look backs over the past year. 2012 sounds like it will be just as amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's amazing to see what you got to do within a year! When I first came across your blog I thought you had been at it for way longer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really nice pics! It´s great to remember old times! Love august ones! They are very romantic and your dog is very cute! hehe!
    xoxo & Happy New Year!!
    MY LITTLE SUEDE SHOES

    ReplyDelete
  14. that sounds like a good year for you! congrats!
    I hope your 2012 is going to be as great as or even better than 2011!
    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like this is one of those letters you get from relatives and distant friends that tries to pack a year into a page. Except yours is much more aesthetically pleasing and I wanted to actually read what you wrote! Here's to your most successful year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are really lovely pictures of you! I am sure, you had a gorgeous year!!

    Wishing you all the best for 2012! Keep your blog as gorgeous as it is! xx

    fashion is for idiots [like us]

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing year! I love your Jan pic... so cute and your personality just shines. I also love the carving pumpkin picture. You are such a gorgeous person. Happy new year.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had an awesome year filled with love and joy. I wish you all the best for 2012 and I can't wait to see what this next year brings you! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Veronika, this is such a great recap! I remember having read some of these posts as you posted them and I can't believe it's almost been a year already!

    Congratulations on all of your accomplishments during 2011! I am really looking forward to seeing what you have in store for 2012, but from the sounds of it, it's going to be an incredible year. NYFW and an online store?!? - I cannot wait to see it all! :D

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow- what a great year! Love all your pics!

    http://fabulositywithinreach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely recap! You really do have a great blog. You're one of my favorites :)

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking over this recap as I prepare one of my own, I can't help thinking what a charmed life you've lead in 2011 - and I'm so glad that I've gotten to be a part of it thanks for our blogs. Here's to many more wonderful years of Girl & Closet - and to hoping that you always retain the feeling of excitement you had when you first started blogging :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  23. seems like a really special year : ) glad you shared! can't wait to read your blog in 2012. All of your posts are so sweet!

    happy new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this recap, you had such wonderful things happening to you this year and I can't wait to see what you have for the 2012. Thanks for your lovely comments and I see ya on 2012. Bye!

    Xo
    Nicole D.
    The Owl Girl

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful post. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww yay! How fun and cute :) I have thoroughly enjoyed following your blog lady...just so ya know!

    Here's to a great 2012!

    xo
    Lizzie
    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your blog has beautiful pictures and have fun or seen much in this 2011 hope to have many more blessings and fun in 2012!

    God Bless you~~
    Happy New Year 2012!

    Your blog has beautiful pictures and have fun or seen much in this 2011 hope to have many more blessings and fun in 2012!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're a darling, and your sweetness reflects in every single photo, word, and post you make! Thank you so much for being my inspiration, and thank you for sharing your bits and pieces of your style and life!
    Good luck, and have a very Happy New Year!!!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow! 2011 had been such an awesome year for you :) i especially love the photos of you and your husband, soooo sweet and sooo much love there ♥ happy new year from your newest follower! :)

    xx
    heyrocketgirl

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an amazing year for you! I know that 2012 will bring you even more success and fun times! I cannot wait to see what it brings to your blog! Happy new year! =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. great year full of great memories!! your posts in 2011 were great and I'm sure they will be even better in 2012! congrats with your success and cheers to a happy new year!

    Lee Anne
    http://itsawant.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. My how your blog has grown! :) I love it! I hope you have a wonderful evening and here's to 2012! :) Zoë x

    ReplyDelete
  33. big loves Veronika! oh, these re-caps really do tickle me from the tips of my toes all the way top side! it's pretty cool to have witnessed all these things along with the rest of your awesome tribe of admirers. i count myself mighty darn lucky to know you personally; it's such a blessing because you are a one in a million sort of gal. i wish you all the bright spots your pretty heart can hold over the next year and beyond. cheers to you & Martin...we WILL get it together in the NY for our night out togethez, can't wait to see you again.

    this post is bursting with joy and the last snaps from xmastime are too adorable for words. cookie nibble is insanely cute! many blessings you guys!!!! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  34. You've had such an amazing year Veronika and I am so happy for all you've accomplished! You are such an inspiration and not to mention sweet and beautiful! Cannot wait to see what 2012 holds for you! Best of luck in the new year! Beautiful Photos! Happy New Years Eve!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
  35. You're just the cutest sweetest thing. Thank you for being so inspiring and positive! We love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. aw you are so gorgeous!
    happy new year veronika :)
    <3Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  37. you had a great year, I'm sure it will be even better in 2012. Because I love your blog, very beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I can't believe you've been blogging for only one year! Your blog is so great and you've accomplished many fantastic things in the first year. Can't wait to see what wonderful things are waiting for you in 2012! Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful recap! There are so many blogs out there and I feel so lucky to have found yours- I always enjoy reading what you have to say, your outfits are so much fun, inspirational and besides, I have always had a soft spot for Vancouver!!
    All the best in 2012,

    talktomyshoes

    ReplyDelete
  40. ahh Congrats! It looks like 2011 was a good year for you! I hope that 2012 brings you more amazing adventures!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love reading other's recaps, it's so nice to see what everyone else has been up to. You seem to have had quite a great blogging and personal year! Wish you all the best in twentytwelve <3

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a great post - looks like you had a stellar 2011!

    http://aphotographicaffair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. Aww, yay!! So many fun moments! I know 2012 is going to be even more amazing for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. A nice recap!!! I hope 2012 has many more wonderful things in store for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. what a great recap! looks like you had a wonderful year girl!

    http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. veronika, you have been a very busy girl, & accomplished so much! that was good for me to see your year summary, since i only discovered your blog in october.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your recap was very beautiful and inspirational. I am so happy to have found your blog.

    Can't wait to hear more about your projects with Lucky.

    ReplyDelete