Choose What You Love

Sep 15, 2016

It's my suspicion I'll have a hat firmly planted on my head until winter! This is the season, friends! It's also my goal to have more fun with fashion this autumn and beyond... this past year I feel like my style veered into much more classic territory (it's been a slice) but now I'm ready to do more thrifting, get inspired for vintage looks and quirky prints (like this dress I just ordered for Martin's graduation). Darling, isn't it?!



When I take a moment to pause, I realize some of my "classic" inspiration has come from the pressures of getting older. But, that's the funny thing about age... do we dress our age? Or wear what we love?! It's my hope to have both! One of my dearest girlfriends, who's older, and has amazing vintage/retro style said it best... "V as long as you wear what you love it will always feel right!" So that's the mantra I carry with me and I hope I'll keep choosing what I love as I get older.





I wore this outfit for a date with my hubby and I'm absolutely loving my new top + booties from Old Navy. Many of you asked about both items via Instagram stories, so, I'm taking it as a good sign my fashion instincts were on point! ;) The top has the most darling foliage and bunny print, plus the booties are super comfy and come in grey as well. Very tempted to nab them!! xo






Outfit Details:

Forever 21 Hat (similar)
Old Navy Top (get it here)
American Eagle Skinnies (similar)
Old Navy Booties (get em' here)

13 comments:

  1. I love that hat! I'm jealous of your Fall looks, it's still so hot in NY...And that dress is adorable, I can't wait to see how you style it.
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, your boots and blouse are beautiful pieces, perfect for Fall, but that hat was made for you to wear it, it suits you perfectly! Have a great ending to this week sweetheart!

    http://lartoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the print of that top!!
    And yep, as long as we wear what we're happy and comfortable in that's all that matters!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The print on that top is so lovely! I've definitely been struggling with defining my style lately too - sometimes I want to dress more professionally, but I don't want to give up all the fun vintagey things from my past. Good luck on your Autumn style journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Choosing the things you love is always the way to go - and you look lovely!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete

  6. Loving your top very nice print you styled it perfectly.

    New Post
    5 dreamy etsy silver jewelry shops
    http://artadorned.com/2016/09/5-absolutely-dreamy-etsy-silver-jewelry-shops/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute boots Veronica, I definitely would pick up the pair in grey too... ;)
    Love that you shot this look in the woods - it has a hippie-esque vibe to it that gets really accentuated by the forest. Love!
    Looking forward to seeing this vintage inspiration pop up. But yes, like your friend said, just wear what YOU love :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you always have great style, whether it veers towards classic or quirky. I think it's fun to play around with style too, and I do the same thing where I go in waves of gravitating towards more classic pieces and other times want to push my own boundaries a little. I feel like doing both makes for a well-balanced closet! Anyway, I love this look--that's a gorgeous blouse and now I want to go buy a hat for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE your hat! And the print of your shirt is vintage yet so adorable with the bunnies. Lovely as always! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute outfit for Autumn, that top is so flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog and I'm totally in love with your style. Pictures are also great and your outfit is a fall must have. I'm gonna check this hat in the Austrian Forever 21, may they have it too.
    xx
    www.pinkpepperparadise.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that outfit! Can't wait to go up to the mountains and explore into the woods like your location! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your friend is a wise woman, V! When it comes to fashion, all that matters is wearing what you love - age is just a number. It always baffles and saddens me when women think they have to stop having fun with their outfits when they reach a certain age, because it just isn't true. You can look fabulous in whatever you like at any age. And a great hat is appropriate for all occasions! Happy Monday, dear friend :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete