Weekend Reads

Jul 15, 2016

image source

I'm all kinds of excited for Friday and the weekend! The past few weeks have been kicking my butt again (health wise) and I'm desperately needing to rest + slow my schedule. Dealing with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) means even a shower and making breakfast can sap me of my energy most days, and now, sadly, it's causing my psoriasis to flare up. Oh man, I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed, but there's no denying I'm mostly overwhelmed. So I'm giving myself permission to take baby steps, not overload my plate and simplify.

And speaking of simplifying... I uploaded a new template from BlogMilk (excuse us, while we work out the kinks) and love it. It's so inline with all I'm craving at the moment, and happy for the bigger images too. With that, happiest weekend friends, and enjoy the links below! xo

Friday, isn't Friday without a few cat pictures

Loved reading Liz's 9 Step Summer Beauty Routine

This maxi would be perfect for a vintage themed wedding

Praying these shoes go on sale

This statement necklace would be perfect with a grey slouchy tee, skinnies and killer heels

So much yes to this seasons updated BR tote bag

Can't get enough stripes this summer

One King Lane has the cutest pet accessories

Tieka's lighthouse post is the epitome of everything summer

Loving Cee's "Seattle Travel Guide" + it's one of my favourite places to visit

Reading "Everybody Rise" on my Kindle. Have you read it?

These no bake protein bars sound so incredibly yummy

9 comments:

  1. Happy Friday V! Fingers crossed you get some relief from psoriasis soon, what a bummer. But loving the simplified new look of your site, so beautifully minimal and the larger images are fabulous, too. Thanks so much for sharing my Seattle travel guide - it will definitely have to be one of the stops on our American tour ;)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronika, I'm so sorry to hear that you're still dealing with health issues. I can imagine CFS must be really difficult and confusing to deal with. Sending you healing thoughts and wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead!

    Also, I really like the simplicity of this new template.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that V! I had no idea you struggled with such health issues. Love your honesty about simplicity & craving life to be simple...it definitely has it's perks. Hope you feel better to enjoy a restful weekend :)

    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING the new template, and BlogMilk's work! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new blog layouts are always such a pleasant surprise! Love this one girl :)
    Hope your weekend was lovely! I can't believe we're already on to another week. Where does time fly??

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thank you so much for the link love, sweet lady! I'm loving your new blog design too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous new look for your blog, I love how elegant and clean it is. I hope you got some R&R this weekend and that you're feeling better! Loving that striped top and the tote!

    ReplyDelete