Oh Hey, Friend, You've Been Missed!

Apr 21, 2016

Guys... I'm not even sure where to start, I'm either part crazy, or I'm just a carefree gal who goes to the beat of her own drum. Let's assume the latter, yes?! ;) But here I am, 3 years later posting on "Girl & Closet" -- why the switch?! Well, back story goes a little something like this... 3 years ago, I was facing crippling health problems, and sadly, managing this space felt like too much work. So I started "By The Shore" which was centered around my healing, the west coast and sharing candid photos of everyday life. Basically, it was a no pressure zone, and a way for me to chill and continue to connect with the blogging community!



But, over the years as my health grew stronger, so did my passion for exploring & sharing personal style... and slowly "By The Shore" started morphing into "Girl & Closet" and in all honesty I started to miss the "Girl" who was on a quest to decode her closet! ;) Reflecting back, leaving this space was a difficult decision... in as little as a year, I was earning a full-time income and I poured my heart into all of it. In fact, when I launched a million moons ago, like a dork, I even wrote out a business plan & mission statement. Too funny thinking back! But, I will say, those early beginnings definitley gave me clarity, and as a result, this space has always felt very "me!"

With "By The Shore" I honestly had very little purpose, I knew I wanted breathing room to heal my health and take time to explore creativity. And oh boy, explore I did, I think I re-branded that blog like 15 times or something. Oh man! Anyways, enough of my blogging ramblings, let me close with this... creativity is about being open to exploration, if we don't explore, we don't grow. So whether it's your closet, or a hobby, don't be afraid to try it all, because what you'll find... is your happy middle! So with that, friends new & old, oh my, gosh, welcome back!! xo

PS - Also, wish me luck, I need to merge ALL my blog content, and work out the kinks! If you'd like to watch me lose my mind?! Fret not friend, just hop on over to snapchat: girlandcloset!

No comments

Post a Comment